Honeymoon in Punta Cana
"Why should we plan our honeymoon in Punta Cana?" is something we get asked a lot. There are
several reasons, the first being that it's an affordable, luxurious and reliable location.
You know you're going to have a good time: the weather is great; the food is great; it's
located on the most beautiful beach in the world, perfect for those long romantic walks.
This is the favorite choice of couples planning Caribbean honeymoons! An even better reason,
we chose it for ours! I do suggest you do a little better planning than we did, read our
homepage to find out about our 100 mile drive through sugar cane fields to kick off our
honeymoon in Punta Cana.
A honeymoon in Punta Cana is also a great choice because of the all-inclusive resorts.
Weddings are expensive and the budget gets pretty tight by the time the wedding day comes
around. Having your entire trip pre-paid is a very comforting idea for many couples; it
definitely was for us. We never would have had as lavish of a trip had we been traveling on
the money left over after our wedding. Our Punta Cana honeymoon became the memory of a
lifetime and has led to many more trips to this beach paradise.
Here are some TIPS to think about when you're planning your honeymoon in Punta Cana.
Punta Cana honeymoon tips:
- Splurge a little bit! This is your Caribbean honeymoon, make it a little more indulgent
than a regular trip to the beach.
- Book way ahead! You'll get better deals (and you'll be willing to spend a little more
before the well runs dry).
- Figure out when you want to leave; the days of leaving from the reception seem to be
over. Even leaving the next morning is totally exhausting. Many couples hold a brunch
the next day to spend time with and say goodbye to the visitors who come from out of
town. Put some serious thought into this, many couples have regretted not getting a
decent sleep before they left for their honeymoon in Punta Cana.
- Figure out what type of resort to book at. What do you like to do and what is most
important to you? Adventure tours? Veg on the beach? Eat really well? Water sports?
Shop? Not that you can't do all of the above, but some resorts do specialize in certain
areas. Check our hotels page! If it isn't up yet, visit our Contact Us page and ask
away, we'll either tell you the answer or find out for you.
- Do you want to be at a couples only resort, decide before you book.You're on your
honeymoon in Punta Cana, do you want singles and kids running around? Do you not care
one way or the other?
- Tell everyone you talk to that it's your honeymoon! Even if you're booking online,
e-mail them - tell the guy at the front desk - your waiter at the restaurant. Everyone
respects how special a honeymoon is. Even if nothing in particular is advertised for
honeymooners, you'll be amazed what people will do for you when they find out, so don't
- A room upgrade is worth it on your honeymoon in Punta Cana (you'll be spending a lot of
time there). An ocean-view room isn't usually that much extra, you don't want to be
lying in bed together listening to people do aqua-fitness in the pool. Hint: many
resorts will give you a free room upgrade on your honeymoon (if a room is available).
Whether you've seen the offer or not, ask about it and say that you saw it somewhere.
They'll usually tell you it's fine.
- Pack one day's worth of beach clothes in your carry-on in case your luggage gets lost.
Mixing some clothes in each other's bags is also a good idea!
- Bring tons of film, most people forget to take enough pictures. You'll also be by
yourselves (hopefully) so don't be shy to ask people to take pictures of the two of you.
Honeymoon pictures of one person look pretty silly a few years later.
- Any medicine that you take, even occasionally, is a good idea to bring. Don't plan on
being able to find pharmacies on every corner.
- Packing an extra carry-on bag is a good idea; you can use it to bring back the mementos
you picked up.
- Relax for a couple days! If you are a couple who loves activities, don't plan any for
the first day or two. Weddings are exhausting, you need a couple days to veg on the
beach and enjoy each other's company.