Sirenis Tropical Punta Cana
all our Full Sirenis Cocotal Reviews
Sirenis Tropical Punta Cana and Sirenis Cocotal Punta Cana are two adjoining hotels that form
one enormous resort complex. Guests from each hotel are permitted to use all the facilities at
either location. The focus of this resort is definitely families and kids.
Sirenis Tropical Punta Cana is a five star resort that has 389 rooms which are definitely
designed with families in mind – each room has a separate sitting room and bedroom (with two
double beds). This is great for putting the kids to bed! All of the rooms are located in two
storey buildings scattered around the resort. The one common complaint is that while the rooms
are very well laid out, some of them are a little run-down – in need of painting, cracked
Sirenis Cocotal Punta Cana is a four star resort made up of 427 rooms that are of the typical
layout – beds and sitting area all together. This setup is definitely not as good for people
traveling with kids, but the price tag is a little cheaper. There are a dozen or so “junior
suites” that you can upgrade to for about $30 per night.
Sirenis Punta Cana boasts 2 buffet restaurants and five a la carte restaurants. While the
food is quite good, the reservation system for the a la carte dining tends to turn people
off. They still use a meal ticket system where you have to wait in a long line-up just to
see if there is anything available. There are five bars located around the very well kept
grounds – so you’ll never run dry!
Sirenis Tropical Punta Cana is set up incredibly well for kids – they have two different
daily supervised kids programs so that the kids enjoy their vacation, make friends and give
their parents a little bit of a break as well. The programs are divided into age groups of
4-6 and 7-12. There is also a babysitting service available if you want to go for a late
dinner after the kids are in bed.
The pools at Sirenis Punta Cana are a blast – huge and winding with many different levels. The
perfect spot for kids to swim and play with new friends. There’s a swim-up bar in the main pool
as well (I like to lifeguard with a Presidente in my hand). Being a family-oriented resort,
Sirenis Tropical Punta Cana has loads of activities available:
- Tennis courts (four lighted courts)
- Free Scuba lessons in the pool
All in all, Sirenis Punta Cana is a good family-oriented resort, but it’s probably rated a
little high – should more likely be a 3 ½ or 4 star.
Tips for Sirenis Punta Cana
- You can usually get into A la Carte Restaurants a few minutes after the first seating by
slipping the Maitre D a $5 tip. You’re not putting anyone out – they just set up another
table (much better than the hour lineups at guest services).
- Pay the few bucks to get access to the safe in your room – provides peace of mind to not
be worrying about your stuff getting stolen.
- As at many resorts – lounge chairs go quick! We’ve all played the game, get out of bed
in the morning and go reserve one.
- The bars do carry top shelf booze – they just hide it! If you have a favorite brand, ask
- In my opinion, rooms near the pool tend to be a little better for kids.
- If you don’t like your room, don’t stay in it. From what I’ve seen, they’ll always
switch you if they have something else available.
- Location! Sirenis Punta Cana is about as far away from the Punta Cana airport as
you can get (one hour approx). They are building a new road though- when???
- For more reviews, maps, hotel and pricing information visit our
Tropical Punta Cana
Contact info for Sirenis Punta Cana